Map Creation Questions - Typicall

Typicall

how relevant are 3 team maps at this time? when do you guys plan on introducing mutli team maps back into the map pool? is a 3 team map a good step towards the right direction since it wouldn't cut the teams down to so few with the current average population that on? I currently have a map in progress and I'm considering adding a 3rd team. it's based off Lord of the rings hence why I'm curious as of the relevance. Am I better off to make a 2 team map?

Boxes

The thing about 3 team maps, is that there's a good chance you end up with 1 team getting pincered by the 2 other teams. This is far less likely to happen on 4 team maps because it's very unlikely for the team directly across from a team to sprint to their base rather than target the 2 other teams that share corners with it, so this acts as a way to force teams to have to pay attention to all the other teams rather than ganging up on 1 team. Obviously, we would have to see how it plays out to know for sure, but this is just my initial concerns with a 3 team map.

Typicall

The thing about 3 team maps, is that there's a good chance you end up with 1 team getting pincered by the 2 other teams. This is far less likely to happen on 4 team maps because it's very unlikely for the team directly across from a team to sprint to their base rather than target the 2 other teams that share corners with it, so this acts as a way to force teams to have to pay attention to all the other teams rather than ganging up on 1 team. Obviously, we would have to see how it plays out to know for sure, but this is just my initial concerns with a 3 team map.

That was something i was considering while making the map. I will keep this in mind and adjust as i go. Right now i'm working with the size of the map and making sure it's not to big. considering this a Lord of the rings map, i'm trying to make the map accurate from the movies but i may need to make changes. i have 2 ideas which i might build both and release them. I don't wanna give away to much one of the maps take place in a massive cave and i want to make sure there's room to pvp. right now it's just one path from site to site. my idea was for the map to be a push battle. but after reading the requirements of maps, it seems most people prefer open battle areas.

Typicall

basically the path winds around multiple corners to give cover from arrows, and spots to retreat to. however i may be changing this do to gameplay. obviously the map is a working progress. i'm focusing on pathways and where the sites will be. hopefully in a couple months i will show the final result and tweak gameplay problems. i'm open to criticism as i am trying to make a visually pleasing map while also providing unique and fun gameplay!

Imllay2

Staff Member
Administrator
We will be adding back maps with more than 2 teams. Right now maps can be up to five teams (Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow). The amount of teams will effect when the map is able to be played, as more teams = more players needed. There is no player limit on 2 or 3 team maps, but 4 team maps will require at least 40 players, and a 5 team map will require at least 55 players. I hope this answers your question!

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo