Kit Kit: Turtle

pigpig24

Kit Name: Turtle
Icon: Turtle Egg
Gear: Turtle Shell, Diamond Chestplate, Iron Leggings, Diamond Boots with Depth Strider II, Shield (all armor pieces except the Shelmet look like dyed green Leather Armor)
Inventory: Fuse, Stone Sword

Description: Though slow on land, do not underestimate this tough and speedy swimmer!

Details: Turtle is an amphibious tank, meant to be a defensive counterpart to Marine and a more mobile counterpart to Jugg and Dwarf. While on land, Turtle is plagued with Slowness I. In the water, however, it can zoom across aquatic maps. Turtle must duck and block once it climbs out of the water, which is where its shield comes in handy. I personally like sneaking to the other side and surreptitiously inching my way into the base, so this kit would be prime for that. I hope it could fill the niche of "tank that people don't loathe for one reason or another."

Arguments for Uniqueness: Strong armor like Jugg, but without the frustrating extra health and damage reduction. Situational speed, which is miles ahead of Dwarf's immobility. While slower and less powerful than Marine, it is tougher.

Last edited:

Onett

Interesting idea, never really thought about adding another water-based kit into the game.

I think shields should definitely be incorporated into SnD at some point, but without modifications made to how they function they would quickly become overpowered. They can block pretty much all damage sources and without any cooldown. Especially with this kit, I feel like adding the shield without modifications would make an already tanky kit almost unkillable.

Turtle must duck and block once it climbs out of the water, which is where its shield comes in handy.
Not sure if I am interpreting this correctly but I feel like forcing the player to be constantly crouched and blocking their shield would make the kit way too slow. Unfortunately, not all maps have bodies of water for the turtle to use, so on maps that are relatively dry, I feel like this feature would make this kit too hard to play.

I'd say if you rework the shield and maybe try and add onto the idea of making it more powerful in the water it could be a pretty cool kit idea.

i.e. Maybe turtle could get a resistance buff for some time after the kit enters water

pigpig24

Not sure if I am interpreting this correctly but I feel like forcing the player to be constantly crouched and blocking their shield would make the kit way too slow.
Oh, that was just me trying to get creative with wording, my bad! I didn't intend for any crouching to be necessary. That just stemmed from me liking to crouch to cover my tracks when making my way towards the enemy base. Nothing at all to do with the actual kit mechanics! I intended for it to just move normally, except with Slowness.

I didn't realize that a shield as-is would be OP! That's for sure my newness to the game showing. Maybe it has a usage cooldown that activates once it negates damage? Like, if it blocks a shot, then you have to wait three seconds before you can use it again? But you can hold your shield out all you want if it hasn't taken a hit yet.

I like the idea of a resistance buff! Not gonna lie, I wasn't sure what's considered too strong and what's not, so I erred on the side of caution. Resistance I, maybe? II?

Gilburrito

Yeah, gotta give the shield a cooldown. I've wanted a shield kit for a while now, (like REALLY wanted) but default shield is insane without cooldown. I think another big concern is its power to block explosions, theoretically it would make rpgs and mines obsolete since they're long cooldown burst damages that can be mitigated by shields. (That would also popularize burst even more since it can keep putting out AoE explosive damage without much cooldown and who wants more burst?) Anyways, hope you figure it out pigpig, I'd love to see a good shield kit be implemented and the turtle theming is cute

Last edited:

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo