Rejected Hues (4 Team Map Submission)

ClassyOwl

In my honest opinion this map feels extremely bland and repetitive in its block selection and design respectively. Additionally, the asymmetrical use of liquids and other various blocks in the screenshots provided risk unbalancing the gameplay while providing little to no aesthetic improvements.

While clearly I'm not one of the network officers deciding the fate of your map, I'd suggest taking this map back to the drawing board. I'd be happy to give you more pointers if you'd like.

bvyans

In my honest opinion this map feels extremely bland and repetitive in its block selection and design respectively. Additionally, the asymmetrical use of liquids and other various blocks in the screenshots provided risk unbalancing the gameplay while providing little to no aesthetic improvements.

While clearly I'm not one of the network officers deciding the fate of your map, I'd suggest taking this map back to the drawing board. I'd be happy to give you more pointers if you'd like.
To be honest, I just submitted this map because I had fun playing on it previously. I retouched the map just a little bit (Blue base was a lot worse before this retouch with a lot more water in it - maybe I should've just removed all water from it), but since I'm not the original author of this map, if it gets rejected that's fine, I'm not great at building anyway, just seems like a fun map to play SnD on.

Onett

I agree with Classy's comments on the unequal bases. I think it'd be best if you made all of the bases symmetrical. I also agree that it could definitely use some sprucing up (i.e. glowstone blocks are kinda ugly imo, they could be swapped for sea lanterns or another block), but nothing too extreme since I think the minimalistic vibe fits the map. The core design of the map is fine.

Other than that, I thought this was a really fun map to play, even if there wasn't anything too crazy going on in terms of gameplay.

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Thanks for the submission byvans. Unfortunately, we’ll be rejecting this map. As some of the other commenters have said, the map is very simplistic, both in design and gameplay. Additionally, the bases are cramped and asymmetrical.

The stairs near each base are also very long and a pain to climb during any combat scenario.
It’s pretty clear that it was built to be a hub rather than a Search and Destroy map.

Still, thanks for taking the effort to post this submission.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo