Halloween Update

Smalusion

😳
Administrator

SPOOK AND DESTROY

Fall Update

October 10-Nov 10

Image by @shadowstarcat, also known as annisdying

It’s that spooky time of the year, so of course it’s time to Spook & Destroy!
Be prepared for a fang-tastic time!

Cosmetics
From October 10 to November 10, get your hands on loads of brand new cosmetics, some of which are event-exclusive, and dress up for this monstrous month. Put on an array of new monster disguises, bathe in a shower of mystery potions, or take a stroll through a personal pumpkin patch!
There’s also a fresh batch of haunting death messages being applied in game, so there’s an endless supply of treats to spend your points on while also fearing for your life!

Search and Destroy
You asked for it and we heard you! More specifically, you asked so much that the questions started coming into our dreams like commandments from an angry god.
So after much anticipation…

Event Kit: Death God
This invisible bringer of death perpetually hunts a marked target. Death gods drain their targets of life by right-clicking their death scythe near them, but targets who stay vigilant can run out of range or fight them off in order to avoid the reaping. Steal some souls with this kit for up to 1000 credits or use a kit trial from voting to give it a try. This kit is event exclusive, and is slated to expire on November 10. As time passes, the price will decrease!

Kit Updates

Paladin
- Blast Protection and Projectile Protection removed from the chestplate and legs.

Vampire - Spawns with 10 hearts. Souls give 5 hearts.

Shortbow - Reduced to Power I. (75% bonus damage to 50%)
[Please note that this is an experimental balancing to see how it does. It will be rebalanced if this proves to crush the kit.]

Maps

It’s been a long time coming, but we’re happy to announce that several maps have left the testing phase.

Aztec, Boom Town, and Uncle T’s Family Factory have been rejected, while Coconut Mall, Hexed Hives, New Balance, and Venice have been accepted.

A new map has entered the testing phase:
Tashic Ruins, by @Mythless.

We also have three map remixes for the season, done by the incredible King.

Valley of Despair
China’s Hell
Flying Ships Aftermath

Expect to see some more horrifying sights later this month.

Special Event

Athios Halloween Party!
Athios will be having its very own Halloween party on the server on October 31st with a variety of fun and frightening twists to the Search and Destroy gamemode. Expect to see some sights from the past! Be prepared to fight for your lives and have frights of your lives during this monster mash!
Costumes are highly encouraged, just remember to keep everything appropriate.

As a final note, check out this thread to enter in a contest! Win a prize! The prize is VIP! Wow!

Tyrue

Boom town was rejected??? That was one of the best maps. Also, while I’m on the topic of maps, new balance is literally just a flat rectangle like half of the other maps. I get that it is supposed to be nostalgic, but it’s not. It is nowhere close to the old perfect balance.
Sorry if I sound like a hater.

GlitchManMax

This is super exciting!!! I'm so excited! So spooky! Yay! 🎃 🎃 🎃

Just one thing... Since the cosmetics are going to be limited time, will there be a more accessible way to collect them all? And maybe a way to get more points? I just don't want to miss any ):

Cobra_Command

Staff Member
Administrator

Just one thing... Since the cosmetics are going to be limited time, will there be a more accessible way to collect them all? And maybe a way to get more points? I just don't want to miss any ):
Yeah Im running low on points :(

tababysuper

Boom town was rejected??? That was one of the best maps. Also, while I’m on the topic of maps, new balance is literally just a flat rectangle like half of the other maps. I get that it is supposed to be nostalgic, but it’s not. It is nowhere close to the old perfect balance.
Sorry if I sound like a hater.
Thanks for the support man I really appreciate it ❤❤❤

tababysuper

SPOOK AND DESTROY

Fall Update

October 10-Nov 10

Image by @shadowstarcat, also known as annisdying

It’s that spooky time of the year, so of course it’s time to Spook & Destroy!
Be prepared for a fang-tastic time!

Cosmetics
From October 10 to November 10, get your hands on loads of brand new cosmetics, some of which are event-exclusive, and dress up for this monstrous month. Put on an array of new monster disguises, bathe in a shower of mystery potions, or take a stroll through a personal pumpkin patch!
There’s also a fresh batch of haunting death messages being applied in game, so there’s an endless supply of treats to spend your points on while also fearing for your life!

Search and Destroy
You asked for it and we heard you! More specifically, you asked so much that the questions started coming into our dreams like commandments from an angry god.
So after much anticipation…

Event Kit: Death God
This invisible bringer of death perpetually hunts a marked target. Death gods drain their targets of life by right-clicking their death scythe near them, but targets who stay vigilant can run out of range or fight them off in order to avoid the reaping. Steal some souls with this kit for up to 1000 credits or use a kit trial from voting to give it a try. This kit is event exclusive, and is slated to expire on November 10. As time passes, the price will decrease!

Kit Updates

Paladin
- Blast Protection and Projectile Protection removed from the chestplate and legs.

Vampire - Spawns with 10 hearts. Souls give 5 hearts.

Shortbow - Reduced to Power I. (75% bonus damage to 50%)
[Please note that this is an experimental balancing to see how it does. It will be rebalanced if this proves to crush the kit.]

Maps

It’s been a long time coming, but we’re happy to announce that several maps have left the testing phase.

Aztec, Boom Town, and Uncle T’s Family Factory have been rejected, while Coconut Mall, Hexed Hives, New Balance, and Venice have been accepted.

A new map has entered the testing phase:
Tashic Ruins, by @Mythless.

We also have three map remixes for the season, done by the incredible King.

Valley of Despair
China’s Hell
Flying Ships Aftermath

Expect to see some more horrifying sights later this month.

Special Event

Athios Halloween Party!
Athios will be having its very own Halloween party on the server on October 31st with a variety of fun and frightening twists to the Search and Destroy gamemode. Expect to see some sights from the past! Be prepared to fight for your lives and have frights of your lives during this monster mash!
Costumes are highly encouraged, just remember to keep everything appropriate.

As a final note, check out this thread to enter in a contest! Win a prize! The prize is VIP! Wow!
Really disappointed to hear about my map not being accepted. I’m sorry as well if I seem rude but I don’t understand how my map can be denied while a map such as hexed hives makes it through. I have to assume that the reason it was denied was for gameplay purposes as I put countless hours into the building of it, but it would be nice to hear some reasoning as to why instead of this abrupt, seemingly random, rejection.

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Really disappointed to hear about my map not being accepted. I’m sorry as well if I seem rude but I don’t understand how my map can be denied while a map such as hexed hives makes it through. I have to assume that the reason it was denied was for gameplay purposes as I put countless hours into the building of it, but it would be nice to hear some reasoning as to why instead of this abrupt, seemingly random, rejection.
I acknowledge that we haven't given reasons yet and I'm sorry for that, it's been rough recently. Still, you (and other builders) absolutely deserve an explanation as to why your map was rejected. A short reason is that though the map looks great, as far as gameplay goes, it is very plain, with the majority of the playing field being the flat town area between the two bases, and those bases being... not ideal for fighting. It doesn't bring anything really fresh.

We'll have a more detailed reply on your map submission thread soon (as well as replies for other maps)

Yeah Im running low on points :(
...On the topic of points, more ways to acquire them are being discussed. Can't promise anything, but I'm hoping for more sustainable/renewable ways to get em in the near future

tababysuper

I acknowledge that we haven't given reasons yet and I'm sorry for that, it's been rough recently. Still, you (and other builders) absolutely deserve an explanation as to why your map was rejected. A short reason is that though the map looks great, as far as gameplay goes, it is very plain, with the majority of the playing field being the flat town area between the two bases, and those bases being... not ideal for fighting. It doesn't bring anything really fresh.

We'll have a more detailed reply on your map submission thread soon (as well as replies for other maps)

...On the topic of points, more ways to acquire them are being discussed. Can't promise anything, but I'm hoping for more sustainable/renewable ways to get em in the near future
Thanks you for the reply smal, I don’t mean to take my anger out on you personally, or anyone else, I was just a bit confused and caught off guard.

GlitchManMax

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the Halloween update! Thanks for making it all fun and addressing the major issue (points) in a helpful way! 🎃

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo