Accepted Coconut Mall

Elacain

Map name: Coconut Mall

Authors: Elacain and Smalusion, with huge thanks to shadowstarcat and Lexplosion
Store owners: _Pandu_, Anak, Bowman3058, bvyans, cuddlycreeper98, cyber700, Dave_X, daveandnick, Imllay2, Kullanari, Leprechauns, Lizardheart, Mythless, NightWolfy, Onett_, peppyk, St3ven, Starken, T3chy, TheAndroidMan, Triggs9009, and Woaxa

Description: For the Fuse Cup Grand Prix, racers have been forced to trade in their karts for swords to determine who'll come in 1st place!

Pictures:
Overview: Coconut Mall is based off and inspired from one of the best courses on Mario Kart Wii! The general layout is the map reflected on both sides, and was kept close to the original course; but we did take artistic liberties and such.
There are 24 unique shops* on each side, not including the bomb rooms and the 8 food court shops. If you know Coconut Mall, the bomb rooms are located in the fountain room on the left side right after the first right-hand turn. The bomb rooms have a main entrance, plus an entrance on each side through the palm tree gardens. The map has 2 main paths, which are either through the mall and parking lot or through Coconut Gardens and the food court. There are ways of cutting out parts of the main paths if you're in a rush!

Certain roofs are pearl-accessible, but others lie out of reach due to the map border (it's at y=48). For map size reasons, the whole third floor of the map is blocked off. It's there to look pretty! And of course, many open areas and holes in ceilings for crates!

There are also lots of fun Easter eggs and secrets throughout the map! For fun!

Bomb to mid (using parkour): 11 sec
Bomb to mid (normal route): 15 sec

*All shops are open, and can be entered and admired. However, if roleplaying becomes a huge issue that disrupts gameplay, I will glass them off and make the inaccessible. I would rather not do this since many people spent a lot of time on them and they should be able to be seen to their full extent (and could also be used strategically in game)!

Let us know any questions, comments, or concerns you have about the map. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
I listened to the whole 10 hour extension while working on this.

I can hear the cash register in my dreams.

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
Ela maps are always "hahahahah wouldnt it be funny if i made this into an snd map! Hahahah" "unless,,,,,"
but i think it turned out great. just interested to see how gameplay runs on it :)

i hope it gets accepted, mainly because i need my store to be open so i can pay my bills.
goodluck ela and the 39 other creators :)

Lizardheart

They just assumed I'd want a bookstore.

They were right.

Map's lookin' lovely, of course; good luck on your journey to completion.

Truly my little gamer heart loves this map so much. I'm so thankful to have been able to make my own little store! I hope more than anything that this map gets accepted 🥺 🥰

Elitemaster5

Zumiez didn't make the cut I guess. :'( Where are people supposed to get hip clothing and skateboards now...

Elacain

UPDATE: Map is complete! Any and all changes from now on will be minor. You can download the map here!
If you download, I hope you enjoy the mall and the stores :)
Please give leave any questions, comments, or concerns!

GlitchManMax

This map is epic, exciting new stuff, plus it's actually not that difficult to navigate: it's pretty intuitive once you learn the route and there's plenty of signs pointing the right ways.

Plus it has bees and Snorlax, so it's objectively good.

shadowstarcat

Artist
I want it known Fyshless was originally going to be across from a sushi bar (made by yours truly as I become a coconut mall business magnate) which I think would have been comedy gold but it was moved to a larger shop area that opened up 😤

I'm really hoping the open shops don't disrupt gameplay; a lot of details went into shop interiors!!! I hope everyone gets the chance to appreciate them in their entirety instead of through glass walls🙏

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo