Teleporter Wrong Warp (Bug Report Exemplar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondminer111

Cause

When playing as teleporter, there seem to be certain circumstances where the game thinks you already have 1 or more teleporters on the ground at the beginning of the round (before any teleporters have been placed). If the game thinks you have 2 teleporters already placed, you will not be allowed to place any teleporters until the remote destroy ability is used. If the game thinks you only have one teleporter placed, the link will be established. The red teleporter direction line will point in a random direction, and then abruptly end after one block. If you attempt to travel through this teleporter, the glitch will start.

The glitched teleporters are caused by having remaining teleporters built after you win the game (and survive). My theory is that when you survive a round, the placed teleporters are never cleared. Hence the name, "wrong warp".

Effect

When you try to travel though the teleporter, you will not actually move in position. Despite this, the game is now very glitched, and very broken.

Here is just the rundown of the symptoms I was able to find.

1. You are now invisible, neither your teammates nor enemies can see you.

2. You can no longer take any damage. Fall damage does nothing, and enemies cannot hit you. Despite this, you can attack them without issue.

3. Teleporters are now broken, you can break and place them, but you can no longer use them.

4. You can now see spectators.

5. Chat no longer works, you cannot send or read message.

6. You cannot fuse the bomb or nuke

7. During a world/map change, sometimes the game will hang, or you simply will not be sent back.

The only way to reverse this glitch is to disconnect from the server, and reconnect.

Gallery

Glitched teleporter after travelling through it

2020-06-06_21.28.22.png

Hanging out with the boys on blue, completely oblivious
2020-06-06_21.29.06.png

Cannot fuse the bomb
2020-06-06_21.29.23.png

Spectator party
2020-06-06_21.30.51.png

Yea, you should really fix this one

Martoph

Owner
Administrator
This is an excellent bug report, I cannot thank you enough for mentioning the specifics of how to reproduce. I will update this as soon as I start testing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo