Small Vamp Buff

Skippy_35

I know that vamp just got re-worked (i'm not gonna re-use the pun), but I think it needs a small buff. in all the games i've played, I have barely seen it if at all. granted, I know it's meant for bigger games, but no one uses it even then. I read earlier about a necromancer kit idea and it said a strategy could be hanging back to build a small army. I thought about this for vamp as both rely on dead teammates, but what's the point of building your health up if it ends up being a 1v5. it just doesn't seem like a team playing kit to me. if you play super aggressive, chances are you will most likely die due to having less health and not any health boost. vamp is just kind of in a dilemma. I think vamp should get a small buff, maybe one of the ones i'm about to list?

possibility 1: on kill, vamp absorbs the soul of the slain foe, temporarily giving it regen 1 for 3-5 seconds.

it seems reasonable, because after coming out of a fight with a trooper for example, you normally end up with little health.

possibility 2: (this one seems more of a major buff that might even be to over powered) on kill, vamp gets strength 1 for 3 seconds.

might be a bit op, it might help it survive after a fight. with kits like trooper and berserker, you can just heal. that isn't really an option for vamp.

Extremity (3...1?): (this one is really insane and probably the most extreme of them) vamp can turn into a bat once per game for 7 seconds. to make it a bit less extreme, what if vamp took extra damage from being hit with a wood sword?.

anyways, these are just suggestions and shouldn't feel mandatory, after all people have different opinions. (sorry for the 200 word essay)

Onett

Regen and strength on kill would be nice but personally, I feel like buffs should focus more on the souls vamp picks up, since they're the kit's main feature and are pretty underwhelming.

First, I'd propose raising the number of absorption hearts it gains per soul from 2 to 4. While this would put vamp at the same health as a trooper with gapples, considering the risk a vamp often takes to get the soul in the first place, its a neccessary buff.

Another buff that I think would be nice is strength 1 for 5 seconds upon picking up a soul. This would allow vamp to be useful without having to rely on letting its entire team dying so it can pick up their souls. Along with this, a particle effect when vamp picks up a soul would be a nice addition so people don't get confused when they get shredded by vamps with the strength buff.

Skippy_35

Regen and strength on kill would be nice but personally, I feel like buffs should focus more on the souls vamp picks up, since they're the kit's main feature and are pretty underwhelming.

First, I'd propose raising the number of absorption hearts it gains per soul from 2 to 4. While this would put vamp at the same health as a trooper with gapples, considering the risk a vamp often takes to get the soul in the first place, its a neccessary buff.

Another buff that I think would be nice is strength 1 for 5 seconds upon picking up a soul. This would allow vamp to be useful without having to rely on letting its entire team dying so it can pick up their souls. Along with this, a particle effect when vamp picks up a soul would be a nice addition so people don't get confused when they get shredded by vamps with the strength buff.
yeah, that is a much better idea for a small buff.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo