Revamps and New kits have been lackluster

Setery

Imo all the new kits and revamps have not done the job they were supposed to do.

Porcupine is still very weak to bows, it's not a counter at all, and dies easily in a 1v1 melee (essentially a free kill). The only kits that would struggle against this are kits like Paladin.

Vampire relies on their own teammates to die to get stronger, (that's a bad trade off) also if there are more than 1 Vampire they will cut into each others resources. Each Vampire essentially cuts the effectiveness of each other by the number of Vampires on the same team.

Paladin is a worse support kit by far than medic, it has a much longer cooldown than medic (~10 second banner duration, ~10 second cooldown), you can only place one banner at a time, and it has weaker armor and less sustain than medic (apples). Gold armor seems bad, but gold leather mix is worse. This kit essentially is honestly weaker than chanter when it comes to a support role (ignoring the enchants).

Metrixel

Totally agree about vampire, it doesn't really make sense that as a vampire you have to have your own team die. I sort of liked how it was before, start with really low health but if you manage to kill someone with the disadvantage, you are rewarded. It was simple and fun.

Mythless

Yeah, I'll admit that these new kits/revamped kits, albeit interesting in concept, aren't really effective in what they do, mostly explained by your points.

Porcupine should still be weak to Melee--that's just the tradeoff for its niche. But because it should be effective against bows, I feel like it should have some more projectile protection.

Right now, Vampire's core function conflicts with the inherent nature of just fighting in general. Allies that die are usually in territory where you cannot easily get to, and all for 2 temporary hearts--adding to what you argue about the kit's flaws. A suggestion for this would be to switch the kit's functionality over its head; that is, whenever an enemy dies and near the Vampire (similar to how Skinner's ability works), they can absorb their souls to gain the temporary hearts. The part about Vampires being less effective with more on the team: I actually like that, as it helps control the composition of the team. Imagine if souls were shared amongst all Vampires... it would be an absolute nightmare to face a fully-loaded squad of Vampires charging straight towards your base.

For Paladin, I haven't actually played it yet, but I can tell just from other people playing it that it kinda feels like an inferior Medic. Thought of some ideas/changes on how to make the kit more unique and defined:
  • Whenever the Paladin holds a banner in their main hand, they are able to gain that banner's effects to just themselves (it immediately goes away when switching off of it). This makes the kit a bit more interesting as the user can use their effects to recover from dicey scenarios similar to how Golden Apples helps Medic.
  • When a banner is placed, the duration of the banner is halted when the Paladin is within the small circle area that it emits. Also, QoL change: Please add a visible timer to placed banners.
  • Make Speed and Regeneration banners give adverse effects to enemies (but dumbed down); Speed banners give enemies Slowness 1, and Regeneration banners gives enemies Wither 1.
  • Nullification banners should stop more than just fire or poison. I'm not sure if some of these are actually already features, but I feel it should also have these temporary effects: Stops damage from enemy barricades; prevents enemy landmines from triggering; prevents enemies from using warping items (Rewind's Clock/Warper's Wand/Enderpearls). Maybe the last one might be overkill, but I think by adding these it will make Paladin's role a lot more unique as it can become a catalyst for countering a variety of kits instead of simply giving effects or healing. Perhaps maybe the Nullification banner in particular should have its cooldown increased because of these buffs?
  • Banners are breakable, but only by the Paladin who places it. When breaking a banner before fully disappearing, its cooldown will be reduced = amount of remaining time it would have before disappearing. This feature helps the Paladin become more mobile and stick with the team more with pushing the enemy, while also not being punished as much for abandoning their banners.
  • Knockback 1 Sword, maybe? Just helps with controlling its space more, given its supportive functions are centered around Area-of-Effect statuses.

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
No matter what gets released anywhere people will always claim that its underpowered or overpowered. That's just how people have always and will always perceive new things. I fully believe they'll get pushed to a more balanced state in the future.

Although I do agree that vampire is a little weak, I prefer the new concept but maybe boosting it to 3 absorbtion hearts per soul would be a little nicer. I think vampire being a comeback kit is a unique style we dont have. Berserker is the snowball kit rn, why have two?

Paladin is definitely underpowered atm, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a buff from regen 2 -> regen 3. A slight armor increase would also be good, I think @Lexplosion suggested giving it a netherite piece which would help its current weak armor status and provide it some anti KB capability which fits the kits design.

Setery

No matter what gets released anywhere people will always claim that its underpowered or overpowered. That's just how people have always and will always perceive new things. I fully believe they'll get pushed to a more balanced state in the future.

Although I do agree that vampire is a little weak, I prefer the new concept but maybe boosting it to 3 absorbtion hearts per soul would be a little nicer. I think vampire being a comeback kit is a unique style we dont have. Berserker is the snowball kit rn, why have two?

Paladin is definitely underpowered atm, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a buff from regen 2 -> regen 3. A slight armor increase would also be good, I think @Lexplosion suggested giving it a netherite piece which would help its current weak armor status and provide it some anti KB capability which fits the kits design.
I think less KB would be horrible, if anything it could use extra KB to escape as it won't win very many fights

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo