Reduce close range Shortbow knockback

stienman

Shortbow is supposed to be a support long range class, behind the front lines, firing at enemies is the middle brawl. However, I've seen players use it at close/medium range, firing at me and knocking me back a few times, then running away and doing it again. This works because the arrows knock me back 1-2 blocks every hit, and i have to dodge left and right, slowing my movement to try to get to him. Every time i do manage to hit him, he gets knocked back, starts running, regens, and starts bow spamming again. This is not how shortbow is meant to be played. I have lost 1v1 duels against a shortbow, playing trooper. I used all my gapples, (It was a huge map, had lots of room to back up) and I could do nothing.

My suggestion to fix this problem, is to reduce knockback done by arrows that are A. not completely drawn, or B. hasn't "existed" for 1 second yet. This would only apply to shortbow, and hopefully discourage bow spamming and make the class more of a support class than a super aggressive hit and run class.

GlitchManMax

Shortbow is supposed to be a support long range class, behind the front lines, firing at enemies is the middle brawl. However, I've seen players use it at close/medium range, firing at me and knocking me back a few times, then running away and doing it again. This works because the arrows knock me back 1-2 blocks every hit, and i have to dodge left and right, slowing my movement to try to get to him. Every time i do manage to hit him, he gets knocked back, starts running, regens, and starts bow spamming again. This is not how shortbow is meant to be played. I have lost 1v1 duels against a shortbow, playing trooper. I used all my gapples, (It was a huge map, had lots of room to back up) and I could do nothing.

My suggestion to fix this problem, is to reduce knockback done by arrows that are A. not completely drawn, or B. hasn't "existed" for 1 second yet. This would only apply to shortbow, and hopefully discourage bow spamming and make the class more of a support class than a super aggressive hit and run class.
This would also make people who want to try to do these kinds of tactics rely on longbow more, giving longbow more of a use case, trading damage for knockback as intended.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JahSteve