Possible to Implement Blocking (Blockhitting)

Setery

Would it not be possible to reduce damage by X amount if you're right clicking with a sword? If it is possible, could we bring it back?

Mythless

I personally never liked blockhitting, and it just felt too weird of a mechanic attached to a sword, so I dunno if I would want it back.

To answer your question: Yes, it's possible. The method behind it is basically using a temporary shield in your off-hand whenever you right-click with a sword, but that shield only mitigates 50% rather than 100%. Speaking objectively though: bringing the mechanic back would hinder the use of off-hand + sword combos, which a lot of people have grown accustomed to and would actually prefer.

Setery

I personally never liked blockhitting, and it just felt too weird of a mechanic attached to a sword, so I dunno if I would want it back.

To answer your question: Yes, it's possible. The method behind it is basically using a temporary shield in your off-hand whenever you right-click with a sword, but that shield only mitigates 50% rather than 100%. Speaking objectively though: bringing the mechanic back would hinder the use of off-hand + sword combos, which a lot of people have grown accustomed to and would actually prefer.
Actually I'm thinking of a different method that doesn't use shields. Since I don't know how to code server plugins, I can't really test my theory myself.

You can easily test to see if someone is right clicking with their sword in their hand. After that apply an X% to their total damage reduction. Jugg has a built in damage reduction modifier so I'm pretty sure this could be done whenever someone right clicks with their sword. The only thing you would be missing out on is a visual notification that you are indeed blocking.

PikachuPals

Actually I'm thinking of a different method that doesn't use shields. Since I don't know how to code server plugins, I can't really test my theory myself.

You can easily test to see if someone is right clicking with their sword in their hand. After that apply an X% to their total damage reduction. Jugg has a built in damage reduction modifier so I'm pretty sure this could be done whenever someone right clicks with their sword. The only thing you would be missing out on is a visual notification that you are indeed blocking.
Also move slower / momentum change when right clicking which is a lot harder to do right.

Setery

Also move slower / momentum change when right clicking which is a lot harder to do right.
Walk speed can be changed on the fly without having to use potion effects, but it could cause a few issues for sure.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo