• Overpowered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balanced

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Underpowered

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Onett

Porc is pretty underwhelming right now. As of now, it feels like your main utility comes from your very high projectile protection, which can be useful for tanking arrows for your teammates. While porc was definitely meant to be an anti-bow kit, I feel like it should also be able to use the additional damage reflect it gets from arrows to gain more of an advantage in battle.

The Main Issue: Porc is garbage at melee fights

The main cause of this issue is how the thorns proc works. Whenever you proc your thorns on an enemy, they gain invulnerability for some time. So if you’re fighting an enemy, your thorns proc will prevent you from actually hitting them with your sword. And more often than not, your sword would deal more damage to them even if you had maxed out damage reflect.

Porc reflect is also reduced by enemy armor, which means that in pretty much every circumstance you’re going to lose the trade in melee battles, since you’re always dealing a fraction of what the enemy is doing to you and you can’t even hit them back because of the thorns proc.

As long as the enemy is hitting you in a melee fight, they're probably gonna win, which is pretty ironic.

Potential solution:

Buff the % reflect cap

I think I recall a staff member saying in game that you reach max damage reflect at 5 arrows, which I’m assuming is 60% reflect

I feel like the arrow cap should definitely be buffed, buffing it to 100% damage reflect seems pretty good imo. The arrow scaling would remain the same (+10% per arrow, so it would take 9 arrows to reach the cap)

This would fix its issues with melee fights and make it an overall more impactful kit.

Last edited:

GlitchManMax

I like this idea! I was just playing porcupine and wondered how I got demolished by a shortbow I was fighting in melee. I think this idea is easy because it simply changes code that's already written to balance the kit, instead of having to try to remove the invincibility effect thorns causes. Hope to see this implemented!

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo