Rejected Perfect Balance revamp

WetUnderwear

Attachments

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Thanks for the submission!

This is a very promising revamp, as it solves two of the original map’s biggest problems: The massive single chokepoint, and the long ladders, which could be easily defended by a single archer.

On the aesthetics side, there are some complaints, mostly minor. The paths could possibly consist of blocks relevant to the side of the map, rather than the same dirt/podzol/gravel combo throughout the map. Apples also don’t grow on the tops of trees.

There are some concerns on the balancing side… Ironic. Red’s base is much more hazardous than blue’s, with lava and cobwebs. Blue’s base also has multiple pools of water, allowing players to easily jump out of that base rather than take the ladders. This also allows Marines to riptide up. This can be good and bad, but the issue here is that it only affects one team.

One possible thing that could be added are walls or structures to the tops of bases, as they look very plain and empty right now, with the only things of interest being the ladders and the bomb.

Despite these concerns, we’ll be moving this map onto the testing phase. As it’s tested, please take the above feedback into consideration to help achieve that perfect balance ;)

Last edited:

WetUnderwear

Thanks for the reply Smal, I made this revamp a few months ago for VS. Im not as passionate about minecraft anymore and i dont have my build server set up anymore so i wont be making the changes you suggested myself, but if you feel like you wanna proceed to use the map you are totally free to make any changes yourself :D

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo