Accepted Mines of Moria

Anak

One thing that immediately strikes me not having even played the map is how grey everything is, and moreso how it's all the same shade of grey. I think varying the colour palette of stone/rock/etc. would help greatly to distinguish things and make it more interesting to look at

savthenugget

One thing that immediately strikes me not having even played the map is how grey everything is, and moreso how it's all the same shade of grey. I think varying the colour palette of stone/rock/etc. would help greatly to distinguish things and make it more interesting to look at
thank you! we will definitely look into that!

Onett

Overall, the map looks pretty solid both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. I like how there are good positions for both teams to hold whether they are attacking or defending throughout the whole map. However I do have a few critiques.

This might just be me personally but I'd prefer if the bomb was placed in a bit more open spot to allow for flexibility for people to arm/disarm. Disarming/arming a bomb already puts you in a vulnerable position and forcing players to have their back to their enemies when doing so doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
2020-12-11_12.58.06.png

2020-12-11_13.34.02.png
Here's an example of how you could move the bomb so you can get a better idea of what I'm suggesting.

This is a smaller critique, but this opening near the bases seems kind of small to me. I think it would be nice if it were expanded a bit, just for the convenience of the players trying to drop their dogs/crate.
2020-12-11_13.02.22.png

Aesthetically, I think it would also be nice if you added a bit more detail to the map. Like Anak said, I feel like there is a lot of gray and incorporating some new blocks and colors into the build could help make it better. I think a good way to do this would be to add team-colored details to the towers around the map and in the bases. Would help reduce potential confusion while also make the map more visually interesting

Other than that, this map is looking solid, nice work. :)

toomuchzelda

the graves at the bases are a bit spoiling i regret having seen them, i think they should be hidden away somewhere rather than where it is now

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
The map plays a little bland as is with the massive choke point at the front gate, something to spice up the current gameplay is to give the attackers two distinct attacking options while the defenders need to make that same decision.

One suggestion is removing the ladders from the defenders and raising the platform above the furnaces so the defenders need to rotate back into their bomb room to hold the high ground. There already is a way for attackers to get over the gate but it’s not really noticeable and I believe I’ve been the only person to attempt to use it. Having a more apparent way to get over the gate as an attacker would break the stalemate and make the defenders think about where to position themselves, see badly drawn image below.

One small note that I’m sure cobra has let you know of is the fact that you can get stuck under the bridge in front of each teams front gate.2020-12-20_12.47.49.png
For now this map will remain in the testing phase, goodluck with any changes!

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
We've made an update to Moria, with the following changes:
  • Alternate route added to bypass gatehouse
  • Ladders removed from gatehouse
  • Gatehouse second level raised up
  • Bomb moved from tree
  • Banners/lanterns added for extra color/light
  • Small route to mushrooms added for Josh
  • Instead of getting stuck under bridges, get good
See pictures below for the major changes.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo