Kit Kit: Vegan

Mythless

Kit Name: Vegan
Kit Icon: Carrot

Description:

"A sustainability-oriented fighter with a weapon that can inflict Hunger and Nausea on its foes with every strike—halting them from naturally regenerating health. They also occasionally receive carrots that can instantly replenish a small amount of their own health."

Kit Armory: Full Leather (Dyed Orange). This armor set should be coded to have the same amount of protection as Gold Armor.

Kit Equipment:
  • Stone Sword. Imbued with a custom enchantment called "Hungering"
  • 3 Carrots
  • Fuse.
Kit Mechanics

• Hungering Enchantment

Whenever the Vegan hits an enemy with their sword, they inflict a temporary Hunger and Nausea effect for 3 seconds per hit. The duration of these effects can stack up to a maximum of 12 seconds. During its duration, the afflicted target will not be able to regenerate their health naturally. They can, however, gain health from other sources such as food items, medic's healing wand, paladin's regeneration banners, etc. The nausea effect is just as effective as it heavily disorients the enemy—though this effect is perceived more of a bonus due to being able to disable distortion effects in Minecraft's options.

If an enemy medic heals the afflicted enemy, it will only decrease its effects by 2 seconds per heal (i.e. medic heals do not completely cure the effects of Hungering). In addition: The medic cannot "cure" independently of healing (i.e. medics cannot cure the effects of Hungering when the afflicted target is at maximum HP).

Carrots

Carrots mechanically act identical to consuming a Steak. Each carrot replenishes 3 HP. The user is able to obtain 1 Carrot every 12 seconds (this timer is represented by the user's Experience Bar) and is able to hold a maximum of 5 carrots at once.

• An Aesthetic Feature

Vegan's supply drop steaks are replaced with golden carrots. These function exactly the same as steak—it just wouldn't make sense if a vegan ate meat!

Kit Objective

I will say the kit itself resembles a lot to how Venom operates, though the two split in their methods of handling enemies. While Venom is more offense-oriented with a stronger weapon and more offensive effects with intended to take care of enemies in the short-term, the Vegan is geared to be more support-oriented capable of crippling enemies in the long-term due to its more potent effects—despite its relatively inferior equipment. The carrots can be used to gain a slight upper hand in fights where the enemy is neck-deep in the Vegan's debuffs. The kit as a whole feels to be most effective against frontline-oriented kits and kits that relies on overwhelming the enemy with higher health or those that rely on natural health regeneration the most to gain the upper hand in fights (ex: Troopers, Juggernauts, Bursts, etc).

Last edited:

Onett

Interesting idea but I think its pretty underpowered

I feel like being able to give nausea to enemies would've been this kit's strongest feature but like you said, Mojang added an option to disable distortion effects in the game, which makes the effect basically useless.

Natural regen is decently slow so 12 seconds without natural regen would probably prevent 1 heart of regen max (correct me if im wrong about this). Imo this effect is pretty underwhelming and probably won't significantly impact any kit that is affected by it.

With these things considered, I feel like this kit would play like a worse version of venom. It can prevent healing but only natural regen, it doesn't deal much damage and its gear is a lot worse.

Here's some kit suggestions that I think would help the kit fit the kit objective better

I think buffing armor would be nice, tbh I'm not a huge fan of giving another kit "fake leather armor", it doesn't feel very intuitive. I think armor equal to ninja would be good.

Another way to buff the kit would be to buff carrots. The debuffs it gives aren't very strong and require multiple hits to be effective so giving the kit more sustain would be nice. Maybe increasing its healing from 3 to 4 hearts and/or allowing the kit to heal teammates with its carrots so it can fulfill its support role better.

I think the natural regen debuff could be buffed a bit, but I can understand why you would want to be cautious with its duration. It seems like it's pretty useless when there is a medic but in games when there aren't any it can be pretty annoying to deal with.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo

Today's birthdays