Kit Kit: Cursor

jojosue

Name: Cursor

Gear: Chain leggings / Iron chest-plate, leggings, and boots / Crossbow / Iron Sword / Fuse

Icon: Target Block

Ability: When this kit shoots an enemy successfully, all the damage received by the enemy after getting shot will be reflected onto his/her surrounding teammates for a radius of (let’s say for now) 5 blocks. Think of it as copy damage.. When an enemy gets hit with this kits arrow, the effect will remain for as long as the arrow is stuck on that enemy. Once this kit shoots a target, it cannot shoot another target until the arrow disappears from the first target. Because you can only affect 1 enemy at a time and the arrow will be stuck to that enemy, you have to be more careful as to who you decide to shoot. When the enemy gets shot with this arrow a message will appear letting them know that their damage will be copied and a similar effect of the Arbalist will happen to let the other players know who has that effect.
The crossbow will not do any damage, its sole purpose is to target an enemy. The copy damage will work as if you were attacking those surrounding enemies with your own sword. In case it wasn’t clear, your teammates can also do damage to the targeted player and have that damage copied. I also decided that the damage will reflect sword attacks only and not bow damage but I’ll let you decide if that's fair or not.

Purpose: This kit is fundamentally a support kit that will be helpful for crowd control and for doing lots of spread damage in a compact space. This kit will be especially useful for when an enemy is surrounded with ghosts/wraiths since they will also be damaged. When an enemy gets targeted it will either: 1) Force the targeted enemy to retreat so as to not hurt their teammates or 2) Force the targeted enemy's teammate to spread out.

Last edited:

Onett

The idea of spill damage would be completely new to SnD and I think it could act as a unique form of anti-camp and even counter medic in a way.

However, I feel like the way you designed the kit is a bit ineffective.

The main point of the kit should be its ability to use the spill damage to support its team, however this kit idea doesn't let it use its ability effectively. It has a pretty long cooldown and duration (arrows last for 30 seconds I think), which is annoying to play against since if you get hit by one you have to sit out of all fights until its gone since if you group up your team is gonna get wiped. It seems OP in a few scenarios and useless in others. While it has good armor and weapon, I think overall, it should be based around its ability more.

Here are some suggestions:
  1. Arrows last for 10 seconds, and cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds
  2. Armor and weapon are nerfed (currently this kit is too good at PvP considering the utility it provides with its ability)
  3. All sources of damage spill, but only 25% of the damage is spilled
Reasons: With these changes, the kit maintains its core abilities while allowing for more active ability use. It also makes its ability more useful in more scenarios.

jojosue

The idea of spill damage would be completely new to SnD and I think it could act as a unique form of anti-camp and even counter medic in a way.

However, I feel like the way you designed the kit is a bit ineffective.

The main point of the kit should be its ability to use the spill damage to support its team, however this kit idea doesn't let it use its ability effectively. It has a pretty long cooldown and duration (arrows last for 30 seconds I think), which is annoying to play against since if you get hit by one you have to sit out of all fights until its gone since if you group up your team is gonna get wiped. It seems OP in a few scenarios and useless in others. While it has good armor and weapon, I think overall, it should be based around its ability more.

Here are some suggestions:
  1. Arrows last for 10 seconds, and cooldown is reduced to 15 seconds
  2. Armor and weapon are nerfed (currently this kit is too good at PvP considering the utility it provides with its ability)
  3. All sources of damage spill, but only 25% of the damage is spilled
Reasons: With these changes, the kit maintains its core abilities while allowing for more active ability use. It also makes its ability more useful in more scenarios.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked the core idea of the kit. I didn't know the arrow lasted that long so the cool down you suggested seems like a better idea. I made its armor and weapon how it is because I wanted it to be pvp viable too but I realize now that it would be better to have the kit be more focused on its ability.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo