Introducing ourselves

Tarnum

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to start a thread here where everyone that joins can do a brief introduction of themselves. This is just so that we can reacquaint ourselves and get to know all of the new players. There is no particular format but maybe saying something things about you, what brought you here, what you are most looking forward to, and maybe a fun fact (favorite kit, favorite maps, something about you IRL, etc)

So without further ado, hello everyone I'm Tarnum. I have played SnD since 2013, back when it was first hosted on Eye of Ender and have stayed with the community ever since. Back then I played on a trackpad and primarily mained Demolitions and then fell in love with everyone's favorite kit, Explosive. I am most excited for Friday's release of the game and I have been working on an SnD map that I hope to release very soon. Most of all I am happy to see the community being revived on a more permanent server.
IRL me likes to play chess and poker, and next year I will be graduating with a BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

Very glad to be back and looking forward to meeting and playing with everyone!

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
hi tarnum I love and hate your idea all at the same time! feels like school introductions but i will contribute. im woaxa ive been with the community a while and i play an unhealthy amount of shortbow. as for irl i dont do anything im just here to play minecraft

i also like shadowstarcat

Last edited:

Plague

Hi Athios community!
I started Minecraft, particularly Search and Destroy, back in the Eye of Ender days and got hooked (read: addicted in an unhealthy way) to the mini-game. I've stuck to the community and mini-game in all its incarnations for the 7 years till now.

I'm nearly 20 now, in a good university studying Accounting with sort of a life. Usually I chill with my uni friends and play futsal in my free time but now with the lockdown I have little to do besides exercise, read and watch shows. That's why I'm pleasantly surprised about this game coming back (and sort of scared that it'll consume me).

Turbodonut

I guess I'll give it a shot.
Hello Athios people! I'm Turbodonut and I started playing SnD in 2014 I think. I first found out about the server when JeromeASF played on it and actually got into it when I saw some of Tragik's videos. I mainly play trooper but occasionally play other kits as well once in while like vampire or a bow kit. As for me as a person there's not much to say lol. I'm still in high school and just kind of living life. I am so excited that SnD and is coming back once again on a fully dedicated server, and even though I love the tight knit community that this game has, I hope we can increase the amount of players that play SnD because I always remembered the largest games being the most fun.

Lizardheart

Hello, it's me, Lizardheart. I, too, started playing back in the old Eye of Ender days and totally got addicted to this drug called S&D. I wasn't supposed to be here but Plague made me go to an S&D game and then Peppyk put me in a discord. Now I'm here and ready to escape this quarantine nightmare with some good ol' S&D.

In the real world I am an English major at Kent State, graduating in December, gonna be applying for some funded MFA programs in the latter half of this year, so hopefully the next few years of my life will consist of writing and heavy drinking. And, thanks to this server, S&D, my second favorite S&-prefixed activity. Irl hobbies include, besides the obvious reading and writing, board gaming and D&D (in the times that i have accessible friends and there aren't any pandemics).

Hope to see y'all on the server and also check out my story The Rise of Athios University.

TheMemeHunter

Bonjour itsa me TheMemeHunter. I have been following the RedWarfare community around ever since I played search and destroy although since the first RedWarFare I have changed my username. I've been pretty active in the discord and have followed this game from Venomsurge to Bwf and whatever other servers were up. Whilke I myself am/was not recognisable I still recognise a lot of players from back in the day and hope to see this community grow. I am mostly here for the community rather then the server itself since the game has been reformed many times, however its still fun. Irl I am still a highschool student who has nothing better to do then play videogames and study for good grades so hopefully I'll have lots of time to devote to the server

I hope that this server thrives no matter the odds. I look forward to gaming with you all on the server when it opens.

NightWolfy

Hello!

Like many of the people before me, I also have been playing SnD since the Eye of Ender server thanks to a friend of mine who introduced me to it. Honestly, it is due to this minigame and the wonderful community that accompanied it that has kept me interested in Minecraft for so long. I am quite enthusiastic to see what is in store for us with the Athios server, and I am very grateful for the opportunity to offer my assistance to its upbringing.

In my real life, I am at a bit of a crossroads as I graduate with a BA in Political Science this coming December! I am deciding between pursuing a Masters/PhD in either History or Political Science, or instead getting my Masters in Public Policy Administration. Big decisions like these are quite difficult to make! Some hobbies I enjoy are reading, traveling, hiking, kayaking, and obviously video games.

Looking forward to seeing many familiar faces and getting the opportunity to meet many new ones!

Onett

hey guys I'm Onett. Probably like a lot of people here, I started playing SnD a while ago after watching BajanCanadian's video on it. I play a lot of shortbow. Teleporter and ninja are hella fun to play too. Irl I'm still finishing up high school (currently a junior). Nothing really special about school it kinda just is what it is. I also like to draw and make videos sometimes so expect some EPIC SnD content to come out once the server opens up 😎😎

Anyways, glad to see the S&D community is still together, can't wait til the server comes out!

Pandu

Hola I'm Pandu. I started playing SnD after watching BajanCanadian's youtube video on it. I mainly play trooper but occasionally you might see me playing shortbow or pyro. I'm currently 17 living in New Jersey wasting my life away and waiting for the NBA season to return.

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Hey gamers. Most knew me as Smal or Smaland. I've changed my name to freshen up. I don't recall exactly how I found S&D. Earliest thing I recall is seeing ArcherGames somewhere and instantly hating it, then deciding to see what else EoE had to offer. Very glad I did.
My favorite kit varies with the times. I like to try different kits out.

On the non-Minecraft side, I've been getting into pixel art. It's cool. Check out the logo..!
Also finishing college. For non pixel related reasons.

Anything else? We'll see.

Mythless

Yo guys. I'm Mythless. I mainly found SnD while I was just randomly searching for some server to play back then, and that's when I first found RWF and played the hell out of it. Mainly played Ghost (and Spy for memey plays) back in the day, but now I think I'm developing a small love for Juggernaut and Venom.

As for what I'm doing right now outside of MC: About to take on my second year of college. I'm also striving to be a music producer--mainly tailored for certain video game genres (Shameless plug: go check out my artist YT channel on my profile bio lol).

I um... guess that's it for now.

st3ven

Hey All.

I'm st3ven and I'm awful with intros but I will try my best ok.

If I remember right I've been with the community since mid to late 2014. I wasn't an active S&D player because Wizard Battles consumed my life early on... However, I'm excited to play and see this new server and community grow. Also, the new maps look EPIC. I wonder who the skilled builder(s) behind those masterpieces are. High quality builds for sure.

Not much going on for me irl at the moment. Just constantly trying to balance work and school. In my free time, I like to play shooty games and hang with frynds.

Last edited:

Elitemaster5

Whats poppin,

It's Elitemaster5 here, but you can just call me elite ;)
Like many people, I found S&d from watching BajanCanadians videos. I was always too lazy to post on the forums, but I kept up with the community until redwarfae shut down. Back in the day, I used to play a lot of Ghost and Shortbow, but now I'm more into Trooper and Pyro. Unfortunately I didn't hear about rwf 2 thing, so I missed that completely :(. Then a few months ago I googled if there were any s&d servers online, came across the rwf reddit, the found the discord. It was crazy, and seeing all of the old people in the discord server was very nostalgic. I can't wait to hangout with all of you guys again on the new server. Maybe I'll make some more YT vids on the server or something.

In irl I like to go camping, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, snowboarding, long boarding, and skateboarding. I am also a big Star Wars nerd.

peppyk

Hey gamers. Most knew me as Smal or Smaland. I've changed my name to freshen up. I don't recall exactly how I found S&D. Earliest thing I recall is seeing ArcherGames somewhere and instantly hating it, then deciding to see what else EoE had to offer. Very glad I did.
you found it through a minecraft server list and made me play with you even though i hated it

anyway hi lads. i am "peppyk" which is two syllables by the way. i mained medic in 2013 but i'm edgy now and i make edgy drawings which have NOT improved in quality since the first redwarfare. (my profile pic is not one of them) my entire personality is defined by the fact that the only music i listen to can be categorised as "alternative/indie rock with tenor male singer" and irl im on my way to becoming an alcoholic homeless high school dropout <3
also i like wilson from don't feel strave

shadowstarcat

Artist
Hi, I'm shadowstarcat, also known as annisdying on other social media.
I was introduced to SnD on the Fridge by a friend in my middle school years and proceeded to play medic obsessively, somewhat cause my pc at the time could only handle Minecraft at 30 fps max and I couldn't really pvp but I also just really enjoy playing support. ✌

I'm now a college student majoring in illustration and you may notice that the flaming SnD image is mine! Hopefully I can contribute more work to the server, but if you're interested in seeing some of my other works, I've been given the ok to link my insta https://www.instagram.com/annisdying/ and you can find me in other places with the same handle. (If I get a personal site set up I'll also maybe edit a link here).

I look forward to getting to know more people here and in-game as well as possibly putting out more illustrative works for Athios.

I also like Woaxa quite a lot :)

Xtikman

Hey guys, Xtikman here. You can call me Xtik for short. I started off playing ArcherGames back in the Eye Of Ender days a few months after I bought MC around June 2012. I wasn't really fond of ArcherGames after a while, and thats when I found out about SnD and I got very addicted to it ever since (probably too addicted tbh). When the time came that RWF merged with Mineplex during late 2014, I kinda moved on with other stuff irl and genuinely thought I would never see SnD come back again. Almost 6 years later and its honestly surreal that I will be able to play SnD once again with people who I have known in the RWF community for so long on Athios. Hoping to see the opening of Athios and that it will thrive as long as possible.

As for me irl, my school is gonna resume starting tomorrow, so I'll probably be quite busy, but I'll try to play on the weekends if I'm able to. Thats all I have to say.

also zelda be strong

toomuchzelda

hi, im toomuchzelda
i found search and destroy through archergames, which i found on a server list. i loved search and destroy because the kits were free, unlike in archer games. i was not active on rwf1 forums but spent too much time on rwf2. btw, i was number one on rwf2 leaderboards so respect me bitches. my hobby is playing search and destroy, and when i'm at work or studying i think about going home to play search and destroy.

currently, my hope for the future is connecting to play.athiosmc.com and playing search and destroy.

thanks and looking forward to playing search and destroy.

xtikman be strong

Lexplosion

Ey, its me, the guy with the booms and the bangs.

I found SnD in 2013 on a random minecraft server website that I cant remember and ive been playing ever since. My IGN was lex_mine back then because I thought an _ was cool.

I hope Athios will turn into something that can build a community and bring old people back. mostly to play SnD

Oh and I also made a map for SnD 😉

Waves

Hi, its Waves, I've been playing SnD since Eye of Ender as well, and I found the game through SkyDoesMinecraft's video. I decided to play it for myself and ever since this game and its community have been a big part of my childhood. Ghost is probably my favorite kit because of its flexibility but I enjoy playing a variety of kits.

Irl I'm 18 and just finished high school, I guess my hobbies right now are just gaming and reading. I'm at that point where I have to figure out what to do with my life. Anyways, I'm excited to play my favorite game with the community and see what Athios has in store!

Elacain

Hi friends!!

I'm Ela and I ALSO started playing S&D during the Eye of Ender days! I found it through YouTube (thanks, SkyDoesMinecraft) in early 2013 when I was 11 years old, and now I'm an 18 year old about to enter her second year of being a music major in college!

I met so many friends through the EOE, Fridge, and RWF (1.0 and 2.0) days that I have known for longer than most of my irl friends, and have even met some in person! This gamemode and the community surrounding this game helped raise me, in all honesty, and made me into the person I am today. I've always had so much fun playing and an overwhelming amount of people here are so warm and welcoming; I am so grateful that Martoph is going through the efforts of bringing it back again, and I hope that everyone has as great of an experience here as I've had in the past.

Don't hesitate to reach out or reconnect, and let's go through the efforts to make Athios even better than the other S&D hosting servers that preceded it! :)

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo