Holiday Update

Smalusion

😳
Administrator

Holiday Update

Welcome to the coziest time of the year. It’s also a fairly cold time of the year… Luckily for us, our mascot’s made of pure fire. That’ll keep us warm as we shove him into our fireplace.
By now, I'd hope finals are done and the winter break has started for all. Well done on surviving. Keep it up!

Cosmetics

Once again, we got new ones, themed for the season. Get them at your local Fenix Shop! Remember: the fashion stat is the most important of them all. No one's going to take your k/d seriously unless you have an Athios brand cosmetic on.
Keep in mind that some of these cosmetics can only be obtained for roughly over a month. These cosmetics have been marked on the list here. All listed cosmetics also have a higher chance of appearing for the season!

Additionally... The shop inventory will be expanding! However, the extra items will not appear in its inventory until a day after the update.

Auras
  • Presents (Exclusive!)
  • Snowballs
  • Snow Trail
  • Cookies! (Exclusive!)
Disguises
  • Snowman (Exclusive!)
  • Arctic Fox
Particles
  • Antlers
  • Candycane (Exclusive!)
  • Festive crown (Exclusive!)
  • Coal Trail
Death Messages
  • Lump of coal (Exclusive!)
  • Not on the nice list (Exclusive!)
  • Sent to next year
  • Run over by a sleigh (Exclusive!)
  • Icicle wound
  • Trapped in 2020
  • Fed to reindeer (Exclusive!)
  • Fell down a chimney

As a reminder, you can receive points in the following ways:
  • Achievements and Scrolling Achievements (The ones you can repeat)
  • Voting! (25 points per vote)
  • Winning and losing games (VIP-exclusive)

New staff

You may or may not have seen it on Discord… But @Cobra_Command and @Woaxa have joined the team as moderators. They’ll be helping us behind the scenes, both making future updates easier as a team effort, and helping on the moderation side.

Maps

Accepted

Tashic Ruins, by Mythless

Testing

Boreal Crest, by Mythless (Pending)
Mines of Moria, by Dave_X and savthenugget

Updates

New Balance - Updated, more interesting layouts
Frostbite - Considerably shorter, aesthetic improvements.

Please do share your feedback on the updated and maps in testing. It’s important so the authors know what they can improve on, what they did great on, or if the map as a whole won’t fit on Athios.

Seasonal

The snow has transformed a number of our maps, leaving them colder, yet more cheerful, than usual.

A Cold Take
Cozy Mansions
Festive Ships
Frosted Britches
Frozen Mantle
Sweetstalk
Zero-Degree Zenith

Reviewing/Removal

We’ve seen some discontent with the map Hexed Hives.What are your thoughts? Leave them here, that its fate may be decided. Have any other maps you are just not a fan of? This is the place to say so!

Part 2

You may have noticed… Kits have not been updated. Worry not, this is all according to plan. There will be a part 2 to this update, in the very, very near future, focusing more on that!
Be prepared to open up an enchanting gift on December 26th. See you then!

Onett

Overall Hexed Hives is an alright map imo. It plays fine, there aren't any glaring issues with its design or aesthetic. The "hate" isn't directed towards Hexed Hives. I think the truth of the matter is just that most of us would have preferred to see Boom Town accepted rather than Hexed Hives, mainly because it had a more unique map layout.

I acknowledge that staff have given feedback to tababy on how to improve the map design and we are still waiting for him to update it. Hopefully the map can get put into testing again once he does.

I'm liking the changes to new balance and frostbite so far. Frostbite's length made it somewhat annoying to play on, so I'm glad it was shortened.

pigpig24

I have no beef with Hexed. If I'm being honest, I wish both were accepted rather than one over the other. Both are inventively-themed, which I appreciate! I wouldn't want to pit the uniquely-themed maps against each other because the more the merrier, in my opinion!

Gilburrito

I think Hexed isn't a bad map per se, I have suicided on the map however. Mostly because I consider Boom Town a superior map so the whole suicide thing is something I can get behind. No offense to any mapmakers, I really do consider Hexed a good map.

GlitchManMax

Hexed is an all right map, not my favorite, just a little overcluttered and not a very appealing layout. Feels more like a funny thing to display or do once in a while rather than have in regular rotation. I still like Top Hat Bee and Doug Dimmabee though.

Also, I guess it wasn't in the patch notes, but I do appreciate the suicide message being simply changed to "[player] died." It was pretty inappropriate to have suicide messages in a kid's game.

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
I've never /kill'd on hexxed but I find it's very loud with a lot of the large flowers, there's also a ton of space that is playable, yet useless and extremely cluttered. Also the path from base to base is very flat.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo