Disable Anti-AFK in Main Lobby [Resolved]

Cutbone

We can no longer hold our seats on the council.

For real though, it boosts the server player count, and we have had many great talks as a community over the past couple of weeks in the main lobby.

(You could make an exception that players who have been kicked for AFK in the SnD game also have the AFK timer apply in the main lobby.)

Lizardheart

I wholeheartedly agree.

Sometimes people don't wanna play SD but are happy to chill with the community. Talking in the hub allows people to bond, and such bonds keep people coming back.

I kind of understand the complaint from the other side, with the worry that people will see 15 people on Athios, only to join and discover that they're all in the hub. Usually if this happens I find that people will join SD if asked. But also, when someone asks people to join sd a good amount usually do.

Also, sitting in the hub allows those who are too cowardly to play SD with <10 players to gather together and discover that more than 10 of them are waiting to play. Whereas, if they're sitting on their server list and refreshing, they'll never be able to connect with those other souls who are doing the same thing.

Leprechauns

Hello hello yes please turn off.
People who join and see everyone in the lobby and get disappointed are people who wouldn't have joined if those players weren't there, to begin with.

Lizardheart

Okay, we need to talk, buds.

Since the afk kick was implemented, server numbers have only gone down. Certainly, this is due in part to launch hype dying down, but the afk kick is playing a major role. Having people on the server gets others to click and join. If they're in hub, they might ask people to join snd, or quietly join themselves and hope others follow suit. I see it happen plenty.

Today, I decided I wanted to vibe in hub and do parkour and cry. When I opened Minecraft, there was a whole one person on the server at 3 PM, and it was just Starken, chilling in hub. He left after I joined. Kinda rude, but that's okay. I was only alone for a bit though. A couple people joined soon after, chilled in hub. A couple people went into SnD, but there were a few of us vibing in hub, having conversations and whatnot. With people on the server like that, more joined, and a fair few of those went into SnD. It got up to 10 people in SnD and a few in hub at an off hour, a time when I normally see 0-4 people on the server. Because there were people hanging out in the hub, more people joined the server and subsequently joined SnD. If there hadn't been a few of us chilling in the hub, perhaps none of those people would have gotten on at the time to play SnD. There are really only a few of us willing to join the server when no one's on, especially now that there's an afk kick.

Sometimes I'd rather not have to start playing SnD an hour before I actually want to in order to get enough people on to have a decent game at the time I want to play SnD. Sometimes I just wanna chill in the hub and write Athios University stuff, y'know? That's kinda hard when there's an afk kick.

But frankly, I'm observing the afk kick bringing numbers down on the server. No one wants to join when no one's on. When there's a few of us in hub, it straight up causes more people to login. Is that not what is desired? Would we rather have no one on the server for hours at a time than 3 people in hub, followed by more joining and playing SnD after twenty minutes of that? It makes no sense.

The afk kick experiment has been played out. It's only been detrimental. It's time to end our suffering.

Mythless

Yes, pleaseeeee

Can’t really give any different reasons other than what other peeps above have already said, so I‘m really only posting this to express just how much I support this

Cobra_Command

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, pleaseeeee

Can’t really give any different reasons other than what other peeps above have already said, so I‘m really only posting this to express just how much I support this
Same here, let us afk in peace again

Setery

Definitely disheartening to see only like 10 people on. It's not easy to join when the count is that low, but if I see 10 in hub and 10 in game, then I feel safe knowing that more will join soon.

Cutbone

I wholeheartedly agree.

Sometimes people don't wanna play SD but are happy to chill with the community. Talking in the hub allows people to bond, and such bonds keep people coming back.

I kind of understand the complaint from the other side, with the worry that people will see 15 people on Athios, only to join and discover that they're all in the hub. Usually if this happens I find that people will join SD if asked. But also, when someone asks people to join sd a good amount usually do.

Also, sitting in the hub allows those who are too cowardly to play SD with <10 players to gather together and discover that more than 10 of them are waiting to play. Whereas, if they're sitting on their server list and refreshing, they'll never be able to connect with those other souls who are doing the same thing.
Hello hello yes please turn off.
People who join and see everyone in the lobby and get disappointed are people who wouldn't have joined if those players weren't there, to begin with.
Okay, we need to talk, buds.

Since the afk kick was implemented, server numbers have only gone down. Certainly, this is due in part to launch hype dying down, but the afk kick is playing a major role. Having people on the server gets others to click and join. If they're in hub, they might ask people to join snd, or quietly join themselves and hope others follow suit. I see it happen plenty.

Today, I decided I wanted to vibe in hub and do parkour and cry. When I opened Minecraft, there was a whole one person on the server at 3 PM, and it was just Starken, chilling in hub. He left after I joined. Kinda rude, but that's okay. I was only alone for a bit though. A couple people joined soon after, chilled in hub. A couple people went into SnD, but there were a few of us vibing in hub, having conversations and whatnot. With people on the server like that, more joined, and a fair few of those went into SnD. It got up to 10 people in SnD and a few in hub at an off hour, a time when I normally see 0-4 people on the server. Because there were people hanging out in the hub, more people joined the server and subsequently joined SnD. If there hadn't been a few of us chilling in the hub, perhaps none of those people would have gotten on at the time to play SnD. There are really only a few of us willing to join the server when no one's on, especially now that there's an afk kick.

Sometimes I'd rather not have to start playing SnD an hour before I actually want to in order to get enough people on to have a decent game at the time I want to play SnD. Sometimes I just wanna chill in the hub and write Athios University stuff, y'know? That's kinda hard when there's an afk kick.

But frankly, I'm observing the afk kick bringing numbers down on the server. No one wants to join when no one's on. When there's a few of us in hub, it straight up causes more people to login. Is that not what is desired? Would we rather have no one on the server for hours at a time than 3 people in hub, followed by more joining and playing SnD after twenty minutes of that? It makes no sense.

The afk kick experiment has been played out. It's only been detrimental. It's time to end our suffering.
Yes, pleaseeeee

Same here, let us afk in peace again
Let the council judge once again
Definitely disheartening to see only like 10 people on. It's not easy to join when the count is that low, but if I see 10 in hub and 10 in game, then I feel safe knowing that more will join soon.
We can AFK in peace once again! Thanks to all the really cool gamers who helped get it removed.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo