Demo and Berserker Buff

AwNoodles

I know this was talked about in chat but I just wanted to put this on here. I don't personally own demo, but pretty much every landmine I run on top of or see someone run on top of, neither me nor them ever die. I don't know how much damage it actually does when stepped on, but either the range of its effect or overall damage should be buffed. Then with berserker I just want it to have steak again, has too little armor to not have something to heal with.

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
We'll be looking into Demo's landmine damage further. It seemed at an okay state, but I haven't played demo so I'm not the best source for that lol.
I think 2 landmines should kill most kits, and a single landmine should kill the weaker kits. Will be testing to see how they do.

Berserker has been set to its previous state of having steak, thanks to this thread and feedback of players ingame.

Thanks!

Lord_Nutritious

Agreed when we did that all Demo game I think I ran into 3 landmines before I died and that was with Demos chain armor.

Plague

Demo needs a quicker explosion or a better radius. It’s doubtful that a simple damage increase will solve the issue (though that maybe helpful to an extent). Unless the place is really cramped as in Rival Castle’s stairway, most just sprint on it like it’s inconsequential and don’t take much damage. Case in point, I once tried to lure a demo onto two land mines but he didn’t die: he just mindlessly kept sprinting forward like the landmines were no big deal until he killed me.

In another instance, as a Shortbow on Flying Ships I saw two landmines on the entrance where you can’t jump over it. With the above experience, I just thought of spirnting back and fro to remove each of them and let my team pass. Sure enough, they did little damage to me (one did 3-ish hearts, another which I didn’t execute well did 5-ish). A defensive kit’s major defence mechanism shouldn’t be taken so lightly. Right now the kills you see in that chat from landmines are mostly from ghosts and weakened kits who didn’t realize they stepped on a mine. But I believe this kit should be a major hurdle even for those who see that it’s there.

RCI

Yeah it seems people that sprint over the landmine barely take any damage

BileDuffy

As a demo player, I agree. The only kills you get with mines are new players who don't really understand what they are and walk onto them. It is very easy to sprint over them without taking much damage.

Last edited:

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo