Crate Drop Changes (FEEDBACK PLEASE)

Triggs

It can feel bad sometimes when crates drop and what you get is based off of 100% RNG. It can either be a really bad crate or a god crate and can wildly differ. Getting a bad crate feels really bad when you should be rewarded for popping off. I've designed a potential revamp of the crate system so that you get crate loot based off of the difficulty of kits you kill. The harder kits you've killed, the better your loot.

Basically, the system assigns each kit a kit value (KV) based off of how hard that kit is to kill in combat. That KV is multiplied by your percentage kill participation to calculate how much kill streak value (KSV) you received from that kill. Once your percentage kill participation is greater than 4, your total KSV is calculated to give you a crate (tiered 1-4) based on what type of kits you've killed. It then resets your KSV to 0 so that your 8,12, and so on crates are based off your 4 most recent kills.

Kit Values can be changed later, I just put in some place holders I thought were relatively close to where each kit would land. As a reminder, Kit Values are based off of difficulty to kill in PVP, not game impact. This was done because kill streaks (while helping win the game) feel like a trophy of skill, not game contribution.

All the math and stats are in this Google Sheets spreadsheet:

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk how I feel about that, I agree the bad crates are really bad right now but I believe a system that gives a value to steak, pearls, chestpiece and the crate needs to meet a minimum %. i.e pearl worth 5%, steak worth 15%, chestpiece worth 25%. Crate needs to drop with a minimum value of 50% up to 100%? Obviously those are just random numbers, applying caps to steak/pearls would be good as well like you can only get 4 max pearls from a crate preventing u from getting a 50% crate with 10 pearls lol.

This would be way simpler and tbh the rng is nice so I'd hate to see it get removed enitrely

Triggs

Idk how I feel about that, I agree the bad crates are really bad right now but I believe a system that gives a value to steak, pearls, chestpiece and the crate needs to meet a minimum %. i.e pearl worth 5%, steak worth 15%, chestpiece worth 25%. Crate needs to drop with a minimum value of 50% up to 100%? Obviously those are just random numbers, applying caps to steak/pearls would be good as well like you can only get 4 max pearls from a crate preventing u from getting a 50% crate with 10 pearls lol.

This would be way simpler and tbh the rng is nice so I'd hate to see it get removed enitrely
That would be a healthy alternative. My suggestion is so that a crate is more a reward of skill expression rather than the reward being based on RNG.

Basically, Woaxa's suggestion if RNG = GOOD, mine if RNG = BAD. (this is an over simplification of the statements)

Woaxa

Staff Member
Administrator
That would be a healthy alternative. My suggestion is so that a crate is more a reward of skill expression rather than the reward being based on RNG.

Basically, Woaxa's suggestion if RNG = GOOD, mine if RNG = BAD. (this is an over simplification of the statements)
Ehhhhhh, I would argue basing the crate off the kits you kill is sort of meh. Last hit 3 dwarfs that you did nothing for and then a ghost? Heres a max roll crate.
I now see you planned to have a minimum kill assist for it to work, still not really good since .4 aint much
Edit #2 It could also be argued a certain kit being "harder" to kill has more to do with the player playing it than the kit itself.

Last edited:

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo