Submission Chivalrous Civil War

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey Espios,

I think this map isn’t quite ready for play testing, but it definitely has potential I’d like to see expanded on. The lowered central area that you have to pass through is a neat concept, but there are currently a lot of bypasses to quickly reach the enemy base. Closing off some of these routes (dividing the ramparts + making the ruined stairs inaccessible) would direct players into clearer routes, so the unique dangers of fighting in the central area can be shown.

Some minor ideas: Close off the main castle gate to discourage wandering, with a small one-way path back in for those who fall off the walls. Adding wells/ponds to the central area would give it a splash of extra color and a place for marine mobility/putting out fires. Speaking of color, a little more red/blue splashed around would be nice, and you’ve definitely got a lot of space for banners and flags!

Otherwise, aesthetics are lovely as usual. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

-Dave

Espios

Hey Espios,

I think this map isn’t quite ready for play testing, but it definitely has potential I’d like to see expanded on. The lowered central area that you have to pass through is a neat concept, but there are currently a lot of bypasses to quickly reach the enemy base. Closing off some of these routes (dividing the ramparts + making the ruined stairs inaccessible) would direct players into clearer routes, so the unique dangers of fighting in the central area can be shown.

Some minor ideas: Close off the main castle gate to discourage wandering, with a small one-way path back in for those who fall off the walls. Adding wells/ponds to the central area would give it a splash of extra color and a place for marine mobility/putting out fires. Speaking of color, a little more red/blue splashed around would be nice, and you’ve definitely got a lot of space for banners and flags!

Otherwise, aesthetics are lovely as usual. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

-Dave
late edit~
Destroyed some more of the stone ramps leading to the bomb and added a more emphasized grass path to make the route up the wooden stairs more apparent. I also added a stairway leading up to the bomb room starting at the base of the wall inside the lowered central area. I also tidied up some other misc. things and added some water as well!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf0jnnfmynshxd9/c.zip?dl=0

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo