Accepted Bonsai

Smalusion

😳
Administrator
Hey gamers, map looks pretty chill. A few notes though!

• The "side" path seems more like a main path. It's shorter and faster, with no obstructions or safety risks. Something you could try is giving it some negative traits that make choosing it a conscious choice as opposed to being objectively better than the ravine. Could also try blocking it off at the middle, so players have to drop down into the lower parts of the map.
  • The map is straight flipped. That's alright, but it's very obvious in some portions, mainly the trees and hills. Would highly recommend manually touching up those parts.
  • The leaves decayed :(
  • The crops are dry :(
  • The map is a little dark in some parts at night, most notable the side path.
  • The bridge jump leading into river is neat, but some players could land right on the lily pads and take full fall damage. This one's more up to you if you think they should take the damage or if you should remove the pads.
  • The custom maps are not supported by the server unfortunately, they'll have to be removed or replaced.
I'm sure there will be other stuff I missed. That's about all I have right now. Keep it up!

Interesting choice of armor stands and signs in some parts.

Last edited:

Setery

1593473086275.png
I can't see the pictures for some reason. Could you post a link pls?

SirDodgy

Nice map! I love the Asian themed houses. I would just quickly say a few things though ;)

•The terrain is pretty rough in many places, and it would be quicker just going running straight instead of following the path.
•I feel like the gameplay might be a bit chaotic in the middle of the map, maybe add some better-defined playing areas. I think flattening out the playing area more, as well as adding some nice smooth curved paths would fix this
•On that note, I think some more decoration of the paths and the surrounding area would be great.
•One slap against those cave walls and you're done for, widen it?
•The mountains and the trees surrounding the map are also a bit bland, maybe add some more texture to the surroundings?
•Where the bomb is located there is a lot of vegetation that looks nice but might be a problem for gameplay. Players will be able to hide behind sugar canes and large ferns and it will be very hard to hit them.

I flew out the map and found a very cool yin yang wall thingy outside the map that I really like the design of maybe try putting it in the middle? ;)

Dave_X

Staff Member
Administrator
Congrats, we’ll be moving this map into testing! That said, a few things we noticed:
  • 2 tall vegetation at bomb room (bad for PvP)
  • Dark spots near pandas
  • Lots of random leaf blocks. Meant to be bushes? Hard to tell.
  • Stone blocking path out of authors room
We’ve fixed the 2-tall veg issue, but we encourage you to redo it yourself to achieve your desired look. Also, SirDodgy had some great feedback we also encourage you to consider. We’ll be watching how this map is received by the community, but make sure to take your own notes as well. If you have any updates or changes on the map, you’re free to message them to us directly.

Join our Discord!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Froggo